This quick pasta dish was a great way to use up leftovers in my kitchen!
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 8 cups chopped Swiss chard and 4 minced garlic cloves; saute for 2 minutes.
Note: although I know the chard is supposed to wilt down in those two minutes, I'm worried mine wilted a little too much - I had actually chopped it and frozen it in advance, so by the time I added it to the skillet tonight, it was already fairly wilted down - alas!
After sauteeing, combine the chard mixture in a large bowl with 4 cups cooked ziti pasta, 2 cups halved grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped and pitted kalamata olives, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper; toss to combine, then sprinkle 1/4 cup shaved vegan cheese in place of Romano over the top - I used the vegan mozzarella from Galaxy Foods.
Divide into 4 equal servings of about 2 cups and 340 calories each.
grape tomatoes $2.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html